[Asterisk-Users] How to demo the Power of Asterisk

Jean-Michel Hiver hiver.j at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 9 03:19:29 MST 2004

Adam Goryachev wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have the opportunity to demo asterisk to a large group of people, and
>was just wandering *how* to do that?

I've been setting * at home just to train myself with it. Here is what I
have:

- IVR menu
- music on hold / transfer
- voicemail
- transparent Zap or IAX routing
- I can call home, dial a pin and make long distance call through IAX

I have just been *scratching* the surface of * but I'm already puzzled
with its power...

>ie, I can put a couple of phones on a desk, which looks nice, but
>doesn't really look exciting, because they are just phones.... so, how
>do you 'demo' the true power of asterisk??

Can you set up conferencing? How about the 'directory' application with
a few thoushand generated users? How about having a couple of people
ringing the same extension and demonstrating wait queues?

BTW I can still remember them adventure games books where you could read
a paragraph, make a choice (eventually casting a dice), jump to another
paragraph, etc. An 'adventure' roleplaying AGI application like that
would be awesome :-)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.