[Asterisk-Users] CAPI, BRI and grouping B channels

John Smith jsmith030416 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 16:56:52 MST 2004

Dear All,

I have a working asterisk installation in the UK on
BRI point-to-point.

I am using Redhat8 with one Eicon Diva Server 2.0 card
with chan_capi-0.3.5 and Asterisk 1.0.1.

I have got to the stage where I can make and receive
calls over ISDN.

My question:

How do I group the 2 B channels so that when one
channel is in use, the other channel is availble to
receive[make] an incoming[outgoing] call ?

At present, when only one channel is used, any attempt
to dial in from outside is met with a busy tone.

I think the 'group' directive is what I am looking
for, but I don't know if it can be used in
/etc/asterisk/capi.conf or even if that is the correct
file to place it? modem.conf ? extensions.conf ?

Any help gratefully received, and thank you to all for
this excellent software.

John.