[Asterisk-Users] more then two wildcards in one machine

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Dec 8 16:27:50 MST 2004

> Did you use a new PC or some old machine?
> Is this a problem with linux or the motherboard, or a problem with the
> cards?

He said Mac. As in Apple Macintosh with Yellow Dog Linux installed on it.

The problem (from what I know) deals with IRQ interrupts. Each digium card
must have a seperate IRQ and must be the only card on that IRQ. I ran into a
problem plugging in just 1 digium card into each and every PCI slot on our
Dell server and it was still sharing an IRQ with the ethernet card. It wasnt
until I dissabled the usb, parallel port, serial port #2 and the mouse that
it finally got its own irq.

Mac's don't have IRQs. This is probably why it was so easy getting 4 cards
into his mac.

-Matthew