[Asterisk-Users] T100P PRI question

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed Dec 8 14:17:43 MST 2004

>Is there something different that I "should" be dialing?

On my pri, I have dialplan=national. It is from Allstream/AT&T co-lo with
Telus which pretty much behaves the same as most US carriers. We don't dial
international, so it's not an issue for us.

If I dial XXX-XXX-XXXX with local area code, the call proceeds.

If I dial XXX-XXX-XXXX with non-local area code I get "This is a long
distance number...".

If I dial 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX the call proceeds.

This is all expected behavior.

Here's a PRI debug dialing LD with a 1:

> Called Number (len=14) [ Ext: 1  TON: National Number (2)  NPI:
ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1) '1XXXXXXXXXX' ] <--number
deleted to protect the innocent
-- Called g0/1XXXXXXXXXX <--number deleted to protect the innocent
< Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=10
< Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 32786/0x8012) (Terminator)
< Message type: CALL PROCEEDING (2)

So this works as expected for me. In your case, you are probably going to
have to get your telco involved and explain the situation that you want to
pass the LD dial string as 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX and see if they will allow that;
it should be a software change on their end.

hth