[Asterisk-Users] setting the Call Forward Number in Zap?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Dec 8 13:18:18 MST 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> > for call forwarding, I was told by the telco to "set the call forward
> > number" on the PRI,
> >
> > how can I do this?
>
> To answer my own message, I need to set the REDGNO (0x74) number to the
> originating number in the PRI SETUP. Example can be found here:
> http://pastebin.ca/2783
>
> Does anyone know how I can set this with asterisk?

I have only look quickly at the code, but it seems as if asterisk will
copy whatever is in the channel variable cid.cid_rdnis for the calling
channel to the outgoing channel in app_dial unless the channel is set to
forward calls.

I did not see any way to change it directly. Perhaps a new option to dial,
a new variable to set the outgoing cid_rdnis in dial or making the RDNIS
pseudo-variable writeable?

Peter