[Asterisk-Users] T100P PRI question

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Dec 8 12:37:42 MST 2004

> Colin Anderson wrote:
> > < Cause (len= 5) [ Ext: 1  Coding: CCITT (ITU) standard (0) 0: 0   Location:
> > User (0)
> > <                  Ext: 1  Cause: Info. element nonexist or not implemented
> > (99), class =
> >
> > Looks like the switch on the telco end might be confused about the number
> > pattern; try adding:
> >
> > pridialplan=unknown
> >
> > to zapata.conf in your channel definition, this can cause the switch to do a
> > brute force match of the number pattern.
> >
> > Also try dialing local first, if that works then it is definitely because
> > the telco is not liking what Asterisk is presenting to it for a number
> > pattern.
>
> I don't really understand why do many people set their pridialplan.  The
> text "PRI Dialplan:  Only RARELY used for PRI." in zapata.conf.sample is
> not there to just take up space in the file.

For this specific US implementation, the pridialplan= isn't needed. I did
try setting it to local, national, etc, and local always failed. The other
choices worked fine for the local number that I was dialing.

My original problem turned out to be the telco is blocking all calls that
are not local (and I was originally trying to dial a non-local number).

Since this is the first pri I've turned up with *, I don't have a clue
what I'm talking about. Can only experiment and follow other's leads.

Thanks everyone for the assist.

Rich