[Asterisk-Users] small business installation.

Shoval Tomer shoval at softov.co.il
Wed Dec 8 08:31:38 MST 2004

Hi guys.

You're doing a great work.

A couple of questions.

We're going to install Asterisk in our branch office.
The configuration will start with 5 PSTN lines, 11 analog telephones and
four voip phones.

I'd very much like to use a channel-bank for connecting the analog lines
and phones to asterisk via a T100P but am terrified of buying it on ebay
and finding out is works lousy or worse.
Can you provide testimonials of that setup actually working (voice
quality, caller-id, transfers, conferencing, etc.)

Another question:
I'd like to connect a modem to one of the fxs ports. Can it be used to
make dial-up connections via asterisk?
(modem > Asterisk > PSTN)

Did someone get the FAX extension working (routing a fax call to a fax
machine connected to an FXS port?)

Thanks.

Shoval Tomer,
IT Manager,