[Asterisk-Users] PRI/Zap premature dialing problem

Jerry Glomph Black asterisk-users at glomph.com
Wed Dec 8 06:22:02 MST 2004

I guess this topic is now closed.   The problem was that Asterisk 0.7.2 (yeah
yeah, this is a busy production system) has buggy handling of overlapping
extensions  ( 224  versus 2246 ).   Asterisk 1.0.3  allows such numbers to
coexist and -does- wait to see if the dialing is completed.

In answering Peter's question, Germany definitely has a variable-length
dialplan.   Here at our Hamburg office, the DID main number is
040 - XXX - 2040   but the DID extensions are 040 - XXX - 204XX

I agree that keeping numbers distinct is a good idea, but this box is part of a
multi-site integration, each site has its own weird long-existing dialplan, and
I've tried to minimise any renumbering or forcing
people to remember prefix-numbers for special dialing.