[Asterisk-Users] Spandsp loading via asterisk app_rxfax.c broken pipe.

Ariel Batista arielb27 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 9 01:16:13 MST 2004

I have compiled Spandsp without any problems. I got no errors I have also done the patch without getting any error. I have tried pre4 and pre6 version with same problem. I got no errors with the ./configure make make install.  After I add the directory for /var/local/lib into the /etc/ld.so.conf I have ran ldconfig.  I am running asterisk as user asterisk on a RH 9 Linux distro. This system has been running fine for months.  I am also using Asterisk stable version 1.0.3 from 12/07/04.

But when I start asterisk I get Broken Pipe notice and asterisk does not start.  If I put into the module.conf noload = apps_rxfax.so and app_txfax.so I am able to load asterisk fine. But as you known with out the other files loaded I can't use the spandsp fax function.

I don't know where to start to trouble shoot. I have read the FAQ on opencall.org but could not find what might be my problem.