[Asterisk-Users] G729, x-pro, and codec ordering

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Dec 7 16:11:45 MST 2004

Hi!

> > Try setting the codec settings for each peer instead of under the general
> > heading.
>
> I've tried that - if disallow=all,allow=g729 in the appropriate peer then it
> will indeed use the correct codec.  What I'd like to do, though, is be able
> to switch codecs depending on my location.

Ok, two suggestions:

1. modify your codec allow= statements in the [general] section (!!!) and
make sure that g.729 is not listed as the first option.

2. make use of the ${SIP_CODEC} variable and create a dialplan that
allows you to modify this as needed (e.g. store the codec preference for
your extsion in AstDb so that it can be looked up your next regular
call). Be aware that you might have to use _SIP_CODEC instead if you are
working with CVS to make it "stick" (see also ImportVar() app).

Cheers, Philipp