[Asterisk-Users] :: Migrating to 1.0.3 => Attention. ::

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Dec 7 20:46:47 MST 2004

Greg Boehnlein wrote:

> I seem to remember reading some patches on asterisk-cvs that actually
> corrected the protocol selection logic and made it work the way it should.
> Just wanted to let people know about it in case they have other problems.

Yes, those patches had two major effects:

- "disallow=all" in a SIP peer/user entry now actually works the way it
should have worked all along; it clears the list of available codecs
that may have been inherited from the global list

- allow= now allows for multiple entries on a single line, and also
remembers the order you specified them, so they are presented to the
peer/user in the same order

In your case, if your VOIP device supports G.729, with the new code
Asterisk told the device it also supported it and _preferred_ it (since
you listed it first), so the device chose it. I suspect you could have
solved your problem as well by just changing the order of the entries,
but if you don't have G.729 licenses removing it is even better :-)