[Asterisk-Users] Cepstral voices

Anirban Chowdhuri anirban at videobureau.com
Tue Dec 7 20:15:07 MST 2004

I have successfully used Cepstral voices with asterisk. I have had better
luck with integrating in by invoking Cepstral through at the command line
(rather than using the Festival command from within asterisk), then just use
the outputted file from your asterisk script. I have all of this automated
so that it occurs as a result of actions defined in my extensions.conf file.

Cepstral offers a fully functional download for you to test your
architecture - and I was able to get everything running before I purchased
the voice. The downloaded version has a clause at the end saying something
about demo from Cepstral.

Please clarify your question if you are pursuing a specific implementation
path, and I'll do my best to help.