[Asterisk-Users] Segfaults when playing GSM files

Stanley Cline sc1 at roamer1.org
Tue Dec 7 18:44:08 MST 2004

My Asterisk has started *frequently* segfaulting during IVR and voicemail
activity -- it'll be playing a prompt gsm file to a caller and it'll just die
(segfaulting, naturally dropping the caller) with no rhyme or reason.

I've run gdb on four different core files and each one shows the reason for
the segfault to be the following:

#0  0x45df8b24 in Gsm_Short_Term_Synthesis_Filter (S=Cannot access memory at
address 0x85
) at src/short_term.c:305
305                             tmp1 = rrp[i];

I've made clean and recompiled and even cvs'd brand-new source, all to no
avail.  Any suggestions on what else to do?

-SC
--
Stanley Cline // Telco Boi // sc1 at roamer1 dot org // www.roamer1.org

"it seems like all you ever buy is Abercrombie and cell phones" --a friend