[Asterisk-Users] Allow calls to certain area codes

Luki asterisk at lugosoft.com
Tue Dec 7 16:16:33 MST 2004

> Where in Asterisk do you configure it so that you
> can only call certain area codes.  Area codes not
> in this list would play a message saying that this
> number is not supported.

I can't spell this out for you from scratch since it depends on your setup.
You would use the extension mapping from my previous message in your
outgoing context section, in extensions.conf.

> How do you configure Asterisk so that you have
> 3 voip providers and 3 phones and allow each
> phone to use a specific account.

Either have a scalable DB-driven setup or hard code the mapping for incoming
calls to the desired extensions, and the mapping for the outgoing calls to
use the correct line. This isn't very hard, but * can have a pretty steep
learning curve... so you need to know what you are doing. Start reading the
WiKi www.voip-info.org and try things out.

--Luki