[Asterisk-Users] Fine Tuning

Andrei (MPI) asterisk at markovprocesses.com
Tue Dec 7 15:25:03 MST 2004

Peter Osborne wrote:

>On Tuesday 07 December 2004 12:34, Steven Critchfield wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 11:00 -0500, Peter Osborne wrote:
>>

>>>Hello all,
>>>
>>>We've been using our Asterisk system live for about a month now and I'm
>>>looking to tuning a few things. First, is echo, I receive a fair amount
>>>of echo during the first 10-15 seconds of incoming calls.
>>>

>>Care to mention what PSTN hardware you are using?
>>

>I'm using a Digium TDM400, 4 FXO's but we actually only have 3 incoming lines,
>we don't have any VOIP carriers, we only use IP internally.

Pete,

I have similar config (TDM/4 FXO + Polycoms 500-600). My PSTN echo
almost disappeared with the following settings:

zapata.conf:

echocancel=64
echocancelwhenbridged=yes

/usr/src/zaptel/zconfig.h
#define ECHO_CAN_MARK2
#define AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR

Using latest development Asterisk&zaptel from CVS.
Your mileage may vary.

Sincerely,
Andrei