[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 600 status setting in Asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Dec 7 12:21:58 MST 2004

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

> I am going to try to implement some of the other softkeys with the new
> CVS app SipGetHeader - stay tuned for more.

I have looked into this as well, especially ACD login/logout.
Unfortunately, the way these are implemented in the phone is via sending
SIP NOTIFY messages to the server, and that never gets into the
dialplan, so there's no point at which SipGetHeader could help. If there
was a way to have incoming NOTIFY messages generate a channel and go
into a specified context, then it would be possible to react to the message.

The other issue is, Polycom phones don't actually send the information
in the headers, they send it in XML format in the body of the SIP
NOTIFY. That's going to be hard to extract in dialplan logic (or
anywhere else in Asterisk, for that matter).