[Asterisk-Users] G729, x-pro, and codec ordering

Paul Fielding paul.fielding at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 7 12:20:17 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Wieling aka ManxPower" <eric at fnords.org>
> You can always allow both codecs and this only allow the codec you want in
> X-Pro.  Asterisk won't try to use ulaw if the phone says it doesn't allow
> ulaw.

what I'd like to do is be able to switch between G729 and ulaw.   if I allow
only those two codecs, the problem I have is what I mentioned previously
(see below), and I can't select which codec I want to use.  The goal is to
pick the codec depending on whether I'm in a high bandwidth or low bandwidth
environment....

regards,

Paul

From: "Paul Fielding"