[Asterisk-Users] Analog FXO Woes Continue

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Tue Dec 7 11:10:24 MST 2004

We have also decided that FXO interfacing is not reliable enough, even when using the Digium 4 four port FXO card, the lines hang frequently and there have been various quality issues. All of our production deployments are PRI interface, and they are rock solid. While I have not done it myself, it seems that the solution to provide digital interface without the expense of a PRI would be ISDN using a card like the Eicon Diva BRI. No experience with this from our end, but in our region a BRI is less money than two busienss DS0s anyways.