[Asterisk-Users] Re: Analog FXO Woes Continue

Steve Murphy murf at e-tools.com
Tue Dec 7 10:42:55 MST 2004

> On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 09:34 -0600, asterisk-users-
> request at lists.digium.com wrote:
> > I've been struggling with a test * install for a couple months now in a
> > small office and am just about ready to give up on it.  It's not that the
> > system itself is a problem.  I've got everything (attendant, voicemail,
> > FXS extensions, Cisco and Polycom hard-IP phones, and 2 VOIP carriers)
> > working except for the frigging analog FXO interfaces.  These things are
> > driving me completely mad.  Since this is obvioiusly a deal breaker, I'm
> > looking for any more suggestions on how I might fet these things working.
> >
> > The hitch is pretty clearly the quality of the lines I have from BellSouth
> > but I can't get thim to identify anything wrong.  I have tried a Digium
> > 1-port FXO card (can't remember part number and it's no longer on  their
> > site, hmmm...) as well as a Sipura SPA3000.  With both of these
> > interfaces, I'm getting consistent mis-dials on outbound calls, broken
> > inbound fax-detection, broken DTMF detection in the attendant menus.
> > Hours of adjustments to the gains on the Digium card only added echo and
> > failed to reduce the offurenc of the other issues.  These same two
> > interfaces worked fine on a line at my office so I'm pretty sure the issue
> > is with the lines at the test site.
> >
> > So, what are my options here for interfacing with these lines?  Would the
> > channel-bank route affect this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
> >
> > Paul

Paul--

I've had probs on and off with the dialtone recognition, which seems to
me is your problem. There is an option in zapata.conf

relaxdtmf=yes

I am in like fashion using a singleton FXO card, and am still, after a
year, having echo probs, which by concensus seems to be because I chose
the wrong motherboard when I built the system. Oh, well! With some of
the echocancel related options set, I can reduce the prob to a "minor"
irritation. Try the relaxdtmf option and see if this reduces the
headache.

murf

--
Steve Murphy <murf at e-tools.com>