[Asterisk-Users] Restrict outbound calls on Broadvoice

Jimmy Low jlow at telecomengineering.com
Tue Dec 7 10:39:37 MST 2004

Hello,

I have been researching Asterisk and have a few questions.  Is it possible to allow users to only call certain area codes?  Reason for this is that the plan from BroadVoice allows unlimited calling to certain countries.  Any country outside of this plan would be charged on a per minute basis and I am trying to avoid that.

Another question is if there is a way to distinguish a land line phone number from a cell phone number?  Some plans charge more for cell phone calls.

Last question I have is if I subscribe to Broadvoice, is it possible to have 3 SIP phones connected to the Asterisk PBX and have them all make simultaneous calls under 1 account with Broadvoice?

Main reason why I'm trying to setup an Asterisk server is so that some hotel guests can dial long distance but I wouldn't be allowing incoming calls.  The hotel has regular phones for this.

Regards,

Jimmy