[Asterisk-Users] G729, x-pro, and codec ordering

Paul Fielding paul.fielding at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 7 10:24:49 MST 2004

> Try setting the codec settings for each peer instead of under the general
> heading.

I've tried that - if disallow=all,allow=g729 in the appropriate peer then it
will indeed use the correct codec.  What I'd like to do, though, is be able
to switch codecs depending on my location.  Currently the only way I can see
to do that is to force the codec within the peer in sip.conf every time I
want to change between g729 or ulaw, which means SSHing into my asterisk
server to make the change every time.   I was hoping there would be a
slightly more elegant way to do things... :(

Paul