[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and kphone (sip soft phone for linux) on same machine

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 10:11:25 MST 2004

Hi, i just installed latest asterisk on fedora rc2 and on the same
machine i installed a sip soft phone called kphone. Kphone complains
about /dev/dsp being used and can't place/answer calls (/dev/dsp is
obviously used by asterisk) . how can "share" my sound card with these
two programs?
or
can i disable the sound card in asterisk so i can use kphone to
place/answer calls?
BTW kphone uses my asterisk as the voice server.

thanks,

erick