[Asterisk-Users] High(er) availability

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 7 08:53:13 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 09:18 -0600, Matthew Boehm wrote:
> This is a good question that the OP posted. Let say you have installed an
> Asterisk box at a customer location because they have 50 extensions and all
> talk to eachother alot. If their asterisk box fails, how can you re-direct
> them to your "master" box downtown?
[snip]

Don't know if I'm wording this right but one way would be to use a phone
which sports 2 reg server entries in the config and a short refresh
time. If the refrfesh of the reg on the primary server fails it will try
to reregister with the secondary server "down town". At least that's how
I think it works.

Regards,
Patrick