[Asterisk-Users] Another "Unable to create channel of type 'Zap' (cause 0)" error

Alan Ingleby alan.ingleby at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 15:40:39 MST 2004

.. and from a newbie no less :-)

I have configured my BT101, and hooked it up to my * box.  All is well.

I have entered the following in externsions.conf, and this bit works:

exten => 613,1,Answer
exten => 613,2,Playback(demo-echotest)
exten => 613,3,Echo
exten => 613,4,Hangup

If I pick up the BT101, and dial 613, sure enough I get the echo
test.. All good.

I have a TDM400 Card with a single FXO port on it.  ztcfg -vv
recognises the card as "FXS Device" (I think that's right though...??)

I want to know how to get, say extension 1000 to dial a number on the
FXO card.. ie:

exten => 1000,1,Answer
exten => 1000,2,Dial(Zap/1:555-1234,20,tr)
exten => 1000,3,Hangup

That should work, shouldn't it?  Well it doesn't :-)

Hence the error in the subject of this message!.. I'm a total noob,
but once I get my head around this, I'm sure I'll have no problems..

Oh, and what extension do I use to reference an incoming call on my
FXO port?  exten => 1 ??

Alan