[Asterisk-Users] X100P does not detect ringing

Soren Rathje asterisk at lolle.org
Tue Dec 7 00:33:56 MST 2004

Michael Vogel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The X100P is working - partly. I can make outgoing calls. But the card
> has got a problem detecting incoming calls. Even in verbose mode I
>   don't see any hint that the card detects a call.
>
> At the moment I'm using the card behind my old ISDN telephone system.
> Could it be a problem with the line voltage?
>
> Can I adjust anything when loading the kernel module?

I presume it is a clone card you have, it behaves differently when having
opermode=1 set.

The original X100P uses linear (DC) termination and the clone, when set to
CTR21, uses complex (AC+DC) termination, this means the signal gain is not
comparable.

The current wcfxo driver is NOT using any of the registers to determine
RING/OFFHOOK/etc., these indications are found by "listening to the line" so
the rxgain/txgain settings in zapata.conf does matter.

By using ztmonitor (described here
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+x100p+echotraining) you can train the
"ears" of Asterisk.

/Soren