[Asterisk-Users] Kind of off-topic: VoIP services and multiplecallers

Reid Forrest rforrest at max-is.net
Mon Dec 6 15:55:05 MST 2004

No, you're not over-thinking at all. The answer is that it depends on the
provider. The two that I have firsthand experience with are Voicepulse
Connect and Broadvoice.

VP Connect will allow at least four simultaneous inbound or outbound calls.
Since they bill per minute on all outbound calls, the rate is the same no
matter how many calls are active. I've heard that they've bumped up the limit
to more than 4, but I haven't tried it myself.

Broadvoice will also allow multiple simultaneous calls. The first outbound
call is included in your plan. Additional outbound calls cost $0.039 / minute
each.

Although I haven't used them myself, I understand that VoipJet allow multiple
outbound calls within the US for $0.013 / minute.

Thank you,
Reid Forrest, CISSP
Max-IS, Inc.
rforrest at max-is.net
ofc: 407.786.9600 x1200   cell: 321.439.8903