[Asterisk-Users] Passing SIP digest auth to dialplan

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Mon Dec 6 15:25:49 MST 2004

This maybe a simple question however I can't find a way to do this, I'm
wanting to EITHER:

Pass SIP digest authentication via dialplan (extensions.conf)

OR

Make Asterisk realize that the incoming peer in sip.conf doesn't have to
authenticate.

The reason I have this is because I'm connecting through SER and using
aliases. The reason I'm using aliases is because we're expecting several
phone lines attached to a customer. Rather than register XX number of
times to ser I wanted to make it use aliases.

When dialing outbound it needs to authenticate using digest, when calls
come back in it recognizes Ser as the same peer and wants it to
authenticate. Ideas? I've tried setting type=peer, user, and friend.
none of which make a difference. Thanks