[Asterisk-Users] SIP status lagged

Brian Wilkins brian at hcc.net
Mon Dec 6 06:13:37 MST 2004

The reason why the status seems lagged is because Asterisk only sends a
OPTIONS packet to the sip device to test if it's still online every so many
seconds (a default value). If you want a more regular status, go to your
sip.conf, change your qualify statement to a lower value. For instance, to
send a SIP OPTIONS to the device more regularly, change the value to

qualify=100 ; 100 is in milliseconds.

This value should be set under the sip peer.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+sip+qualify