[Asterisk-Users] PRI/Zap premature dialing problem

Jerry Glomph Black asterisk-users at glomph.com
Mon Dec 6 06:16:27 MST 2004

I know this may be RTFM flamebait, but I've spent a lot of time on the wiki, and
googling, etc. with no resolution.

Closest I could get is the wiki page:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Extension+Matching
on the topic "Match As You Go" Dialing.
---------
here's the problem:

I have extension 224, and also extension 2246.

A call inbound from the PRI requesting 2246 is always cut off at the first
match, instantly, when people are dialing in from conventional extensions.
Thus, 2246 is not reachable.    Messing with parsing-priorities (via the use of include files) does not seem to help.

The conventional (Ascom) PBX is presenting the digits immediately to the Zap
channel, and the channel is not waiting -at all- to see if the dialing is
finished, it instantly jumps to the first match.  The above wiki page says it
should wait 3 seconds...  But it is not doing so.

Thanks,
Dr G