[Asterisk-Users] Sip Channels Left Open

Sun Dec 5 10:41:26 MST 2004

Hi,

If I do a "sip show channels" - I seem to be getting channels left open
after calls have ended - any ideas why?

I thought at first it was my Sipura SPA-3000 and that Asterisk was not
detecting that i've hung up.

However, after more testing, it seems to be just on Gossiptel calls - I
tried a few of my other sip providers and the channels stay open after
the call has ended but then dissapear after about 30 seconds. With
Gossiptel calls - the channels just seem to stay open forever (or at
least for a long time causing me to get errors about running out of rtp
ports).

I tried a software sip client and this has the same behaviour - channels
left open for about 30 sec after sip calls but left open forever on
gossiptel calls.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--ian