[Asterisk-Users] Sip no voice

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Sun Dec 5 06:05:21 MST 2004

Hi Serge -

  The connection works fine in my internal network, only outside callers have no voice.

Thanks for the firefly config.  Can you provide me your sip.conf from the machine you are using to run asterisk?  It might be that the sip.conf file is not allowing your asterisk machine to connect with the phones using the right codecs.  What does it say on the asterisk console when you try to dial one phone from another?  If you don't see anything, try running asterisk with:

asterisk -vvvvvvgc

Another thing to try would be other softphones.  I've never used firefly before, but have had success with both SJPhone and Xlite.

Thanks,

Noah