[Asterisk-Users] Door buzzer.

Steve Totaro asterisk at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Dec 5 04:01:23 MST 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cian O'Sullivan
  Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 7:00 PM
  Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Door buzzer.

  Hello,

  I have a customer who has their front door integrated to their current phone system.  If someone presses the buzzer, the secretaries phone will ring, and she can talk to the person at the door.  By pressing ** she can release the door.

  Anyone have any sort of integration like this.  Are there IP devices anyone is using?

  They have a pizza box server as their asterisk server with a T1 card. No more slots, so if I want to use the existing infrastructure I will need to build a second server with an FXO port.  Kinda stupid having a second server just to open the door.

  Any suggestions?

  Cian

  I assume you could use a Grandstream 286 or two devices would be even better.  Maybe a GS 102 programmed with autodial to the secretary and depending on the secretary's phone you could program a speed dial to the GS 286 which in turn will send ring voltage to the relay that unlatches the door.  Make sure that exentension is only available from the internal dialplan.

  Also for some really cool wow effect, make it available from your incoming context with an authenticate line.  Now employees can open the door with their cell phones after entering a pin.

  Thanks,

  Steve Totaro