[Asterisk-Users] Receptionist Phone

Gregory Junker gregory.junker at dayark.com
Sat Dec 4 21:50:33 MST 2004

> I have a customer interested in an * system, however she wants to ensure
> that the receptionist phone will display who is on the phone and who is
> not.  It is an office of 10 people, and there are 12 PRI channels available.

> She is an older lady and does not want to use a web interface.  Any
> suggestions?

In other words, she wants to look at a device that indicates hook status
of various extensions. I am guessing also that "web interface" extends
to computer interface of any kind.

Assuming the above, then why are they interested in Asterisk? If they
like the ability to trunk between offices, for example, using
inexpensive public Internet connections, Asterisk might have a place in
this scenario, but from what you have said here, Asterisk is not the
solution for their needs. Square pegs, round holes. They need a basic
key system with a receptionist console.

Greg