[Asterisk-Users] x100p offhook/onhook states

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at MIT.EDU
Sat Dec 4 17:26:31 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm having an interesting problem with my card. It seems to work fine,
for the most part. When I first load the module and asterisk, it detects
the line in the on-hook state. However, after the first phone call, zap
show channel 1 lists it as being off-hook. During subsequent calls, the
card is listed as being on-hook, and when it's not used -- off-hook.

There are also some weird problems with detection when the remote side
hangs up -- sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. However the
times when it doesn't are usually when the other side is a cell-phone.
(Does this matter?)

Does this off/on-hook reversal stuff matter? Is there any reason that
remote disconnect would not work *some* of the time? I checked the line,
and the voltage drops when the remote side hangs up (checked with a
regular phone with an LED-lit keypad). What settings should I be playing
around with?

Is it OK if other phone devices are hooked up to the same line if they
are never used? Does a phone plugged in actually change any
characteristics of the line if it's never picked up?

The card is actually a clone card, and though I realise that a lot of
people on this list are strongly against the people who use clones, I
urge you to consider this question as if it were an actual digium x100p
card, and not just write it off as a clone-related problem. Of course,
if there are no good explanations, I'm willing to accept that as the
cause.

Thanks,

Ilia Mirkin
imirkin at mit.edu