[Asterisk-Users] asterisk dabbling...

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 17:01:43 MST 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 14:12:04 -0800 (PST), Ray Jender
<rayasterisk at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Newbee here....

Ray,

You should be fine with your setup. BSD can be a little finicky to get
working sometimes, but if you're familiar enough with it you will be
OK. I have a P133 w/ 128mb ram running my home * box and I don't have
any problems with it. My wife doesn't even complain.

For dialtone checkout any of the following. Nufone, Voicepulse
connect, broadvoice, voipjet. All of them have varying strengths. You
will be able to connect to any of them over your broadband.

Cuddle up to the wiki for a while. There is more information there
than you could possibly need. Asterisk is an adventure. Hope you're
not busy for the next couple months!

-Chuji