[Asterisk-Users] Door buzzer.

Cian O'Sullivan cosullivan at icsbermuda.com
Sat Dec 4 17:00:48 MST 2004

Hello,

I have a customer who has their front door integrated to their current
phone system.  If someone presses the buzzer, the secretaries phone will
ring, and she can talk to the person at the door.  By pressing ** she
can release the door.

Anyone have any sort of integration like this.  Are there IP devices
anyone is using?

They have a pizza box server as their asterisk server with a T1 card. No
more slots, so if I want to use the existing infrastructure I will need
to build a second server with an FXO port.  Kinda stupid having a second
server just to open the door.

Any suggestions?

Cian