[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Cisco IP Phones

Chris TenHarmsel epchris at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 15:13:45 MST 2004

If you get a Cisco phone, chance are it won't have SIP support right
off the bat, but you can upgrade the firmware to a SIP version.  They
have the downloads available at their website but you have to buy some
sort of license/account with them.  I've heard it's pretty cheap, but
I don't know first hand because my company bought the one I've use at
work.

Oh yeah, with the 7940/60's  you might have to upgrade to SIP firmware
version 5.0 first and then from there upgrade to 7.3.

-Chris