[Asterisk-Users] Remote-Party-ID + CallerID + VoicemailMain

Darren Nay dnay at IONOSPHERE.net
Sat Dec 4 12:21:18 MST 2004

Hey All,

Quick Question.  We just started using Remote-Party-ID on our IAD endpoints
and now when one of our customers has caller-ID blocked (Privacy=full in the
remote-party-id SIP header) and they call voicemail via asterisks and get
VoiceMailMain then they get a prompt for "Comedian Mail, Mailbox?" instead
of just the password.

We are calling VoiceMailMain as: VoiceMailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})

So, after some investigation it seems that the reason is because the
CALLERIDNUM and CALLERID variables now always contain a value of "Anonymous"
when the "Privacy" flag is set in the Remote-Party-ID SIP header.

Is there a way to disable Remote-Party-ID in Asterisk?  So that asterisk
always looks at the SIP From: header instead of Remote-Party-ID?

Or, is there a variable that I am unaware of that contains the
calling-number other than caller-id?  I just need the calling number
available somewhere ... I can easily use an AGI script to parse it out of a
string and pass it to VoiceMailMain .. I just need access to it from an AGI
script in order to do that.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Darren Nay