[Asterisk-Users] Udev setup question for zaptel

James Bean james at hdcs.com.au
Sat Dec 4 04:54:54 MST 2004

Trying to setup asterisk and zaptel on a Fedora Core 3. Its all working
after reading up on udev but I still get errors.

[root at redhat ~]# ztcfg -vvvvv

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels configured.

Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 4: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

I added the suggested lines to /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules that were
in the zaptel README.udev, as I understood them?

# Section for zaptel device
KERNEL="zapctl",     NAME="zap/ctl"
KERNEL="zaptimer",   NAME="zap/timer"
KERNEL="zapchannel", NAME="zap/channel"
KERNEL="zappseudo",  NAME="zap/pseudo"
KERNEL="zap[0-9]*",  NAME="zap/%n"

When I load the zaptel modules, they work the errors are just
distracting.

Any suggestions would be great.

James