[Asterisk-Users] Alpha Paging

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Fri Dec 3 18:51:58 MST 2004

> I have a need to be able to send faxes and alpha pages from
> the same box as asterisk is running on.   Since asterisk
> handles all of the calls would I need to get a separate fax
> modem for this or can I run it through one of the FXO ports?
You're probably gonna need a modem - are you asking if you can plug that in
to your asterisk box? or if you can do what you want directly with a Zaptel
FXO port connected to a phone line?

Either way.. Hylafax will take care of your faxing requirement, and qpage
will let you interface with dial up access to a TAP/IXO compliant paging
gateway for sending alphanumeric pages. I've set up and played with both,
they're pretty cool. Not sure about them sharing a modem between them, have
to have a poke around..

Cheers
Paul