[Asterisk-Users] transfer question

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Fri Dec 3 17:16:04 MST 2004

I have two Asterisk boxes, Box1 has TDM22B and Box2 has a TDM11B. From
Box1 I can pick up Zap/1 and dial 300 causing Zap/1 on Box2 to ring.
 From Box2 I can pick up Zap/1 and dial 100 causing Zap/1 on Box1 to ring.

PSTN calls come into Box1. They ring thru to Box2 on Zap/1 via IAX, then
if no answer they ring Zap/1 on Box1. When such a call comes in and is
answered on Box1, I can transfer to Box2 by dialing #300. But when such
a call is answered on Box2, attempts to transfer to Box1 by dialing #100
fail.

If I can dial 100 from Box2, then why can't I transfer using the very
same Dial command?

exten => 100,1,Dial(IAX2/name:pass at 66.43.226.110/100)

When I watch the attempt on the CLI of Box1, it tells me that there is
no such extension 1 in context ' '. I think I have a conceptual
problem.. can anyone help?

DB