[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk crashes my router!?

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Fri Dec 3 16:39:50 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 16:47, David Filion wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Does anybody else have problems like this.
> > I'm in the UK with a 1mb ADSL service from Eclipse. I have a Draytek
> > Vigour 2600 ADSL router.
> > My * box is configured with a public IP address which is presented on
> > one of the switch ports on the rear of the router.
> > When there is some SIP activity, incoming mainly, towards my * box,
> > the router will lockup after a short period?!
> >

> Maybe the router can't handle the traffic?  If you have a modem before your
> router, try connecting * right to the modem and using rpppoe.

The Vigor 2600 should just do fine, I have 2 Vigor 2600VGi's in use with
Asterisk (IAX though) and Handytone's (SIP, not connected to the
Asterisk) in use (router PPPoE though, connected to NetSource here in
Ireland). Firmware is 2.5.3 (i think Draytek withdrew that again because
of GUI problems), but 2.5.2 was fine, too.

The router is SIP aware, so actually you shouldn't think much about NAT
setup etc, it should work straight away. Have you talked with Draytek
about that problem ? Maybe they have heard about it before and have a
solution.

Besides, is it the UK specific firmware you have loaded ?

Slán leat,
Martin List-Petersen
Dublin, Eire
(contact info on --> http://www.marlow.dk/)