[Asterisk-Users] firefly and caller id

Seb Auriol sebau at syntec.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 04:36:47 MST 2004

I've tested this on Firefly 3rd party and caller display seems to work fine,
but one of the other two IAX softphones I've tried, uses CIDName not CIDNum
for caller display (iaxComm) and by default displays unknown when I dial
from a POTS phone; and the other one I tried (IAX Phone) doesn't have caller
display but it does have a Call Log which displays unknown for the caller's
Name (but has the caller's Number ok). So for these two softphones to work
nicely you have to SetCIDName in extensions.conf. The following line is what
I'm using before dialling my IAX extension (since a few days ago only, so
I've not thoroughly tested it yet, but it seems to work nicely):

exten => [extensionNumber],2,SetCIDName(${CALLERIDNAME})

Perhaps it is a bug in Asterisk that it doesn't pass the CALLERIDNAME across
to the outbound channel automatically when CALLERIDNAME is the same as
CALLERIDNUM, e.g. from a POTS phone in the UK. Asterisk does pass the
CALLERIDNUM across automatically...

Regards,

Seb Auriol