[Asterisk-Users] Firefly 1.9.5 and 20041117 CVS HEAD -- IAX2 one way audio

Seb Auriol sebau at syntec.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 04:00:07 MST 2004

For the record, I experienced the same problem last week with only getting
audio in one direction using Firefly 1.9.3.3934 and Asterisk 1.0, but only
when Asterisk is bridging an IAX call with a TDM call.  I didn't test it
with IAX to IAX bridged calls, but the audio was fine (two way, although
perhaps not both ways simultaneously) when Asterisk answered the call if I
dialled a voicemail extension and left a message - I could hear the
voicemail prompts and leave a message.  Call quality was really poor though
(very noisy).

This was running on a Win XP Pro laptop and I tried all the available
codecs.

I fixed my problem by using a different IAX softphone!  I've tried two
others since then and they work fine (both ways audio and hardly any noise),
even with the same audio settings as I was using on Firefly.

Regards,

Seb