[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk crashes my router!?

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 02:29:22 MST 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 09:20, Mike Dent wrote:
> Thanks for your replies guys! However interesting monowall is, I'm
> still looking for a
> ADSL modem for PPPoA use in the UK, which is reliable (does not crash
> with a single
> incoming SIP call) and will do NAT and also handle my global IP
> addresses from my ISP, one of which is used for Asterisk.

Hm, I just happened to see this thread by accident and I can confirm the same
thing with my own ADSL router in the UK - it's an 'Origo 8100', just a
generic Conexant chipset one with some web interface branding... I thought it
was just me, but it's interesting to see that others are having the same
problem..

It's the reason I stopped playing with * at home, because it was too
inconvenient to keep running upstairs to reboot the router - fortunately I'm
moving away from ADSL next week, so I'll probably try * again...

It was such a bizarre situation, but I didn't want to risk trying a firmware
upgrade on the router, so just put up with it..

Cheers,
Gaivn,