[Asterisk-Users] asterisk connection problem

Robert Uhl RobertUhl at web.de
Thu Dec 2 21:50:25 MST 2004

Hi,

as I went throught the conifgs provided online for * I don"t get my system to work. The problem is quit strange and doesn"t give a chance to me to solve it.

My configuration: Sipura 2000 + 2 phones connected to it.
Debian/Sarge Asterisk 1.0.1 built by msp at toshiba on a i686 running Linux

When I do a call to 612 at fwd.pulver.com the first half word on the phone comes through at all then everthing is quite and pulver.com unhooks me finally after about 10 seconds (I think after there "text" is said.) The behavior of each call I do to 612 is much likely the same each time. I never hear a word in between, this should mean, it is not a QoS problem. But...

... When I call somebody on pulver.com than the phone call is slightly ok. When I do a count <one, two, three, four, five, six,...> the person receives: <one, two, ..., ..., fi..e,...ten>. Same other way around. The connection will still be alive. This might be a QoS problem.

My hole connection is running on a 256kBit connection.
When I hook up the Sipura to connect straight to pulver.com like mentioned on fwd.pulver.com website everything works fine and there are no problems at all, the calls are clear and don"t cut of.

Here is a folder with all my configs and logs as well as a ethereal sniff of my network, I think lines 70-75 of the ethereal file are the ones who causes some how the problem. I am not sure thou.

http://www.informatik.htw-dresden.de/~s51264/sip/

Kind regards, Robert.