[Asterisk-Users] Very odd musiconhold

Matthew Keen Tali at peeringsa.net
Thu Dec 2 17:10:10 MST 2004

This was my relpy to a similar problem that myself and another person on
this thread has!
It's to do with the fact most systems come with mpg321 not mpg123 ;)
Follow below to fix this problem :)

-----

My solution to this (as the debian package appears to actually download
mpg321 (instead of mpg123) when you install *, was to download mpg123
from the original website and compile/install it myself.

http://www.mpg123.de/
mpg123 0.59r is the version im now running (just copied the executable
over mpg123 and mpg321 and restarted asterisk (and killed dead looking
mpg321 processes) started up astersik, caleld myself and shoved myself
on hold, and VOILA, music on hold is working normally and not running
'really' slow....

Hope this helps!

Richard wrote:

Hi,

I have * 1.0.0. Everything works well except moh.

I followed the instruction in
http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+musiconhold.conf. I use the
default mp3 from *.

The problem is that the music is really slow. Seems like it didn't get the
right rate to play.

Any one having this problem too?

Thanks,