[Asterisk-Users] drive space for voice mail

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Thu Dec 2 16:47:38 MST 2004

Can you say 'overkill' ?  *smiles*

I just recorded a 2min voicemail and the resulting file on the server was
slightly over 200KB in size.
We are only storing 1 format of soundfiles, WAV49.

A 160GB drive is approx 1,677,721,160 KB.

At the rate above you would be able to store almost 28,000 hours of
voicemail messages.

Someone wanna check my math?

-Matthew