[Asterisk-Users] Dial Command M(x) Option

Shaun Tierney stierney at prairiestream.com
Thu Dec 2 15:37:28 MST 2004

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-October/065540.html

I saw this post about the M(x) option for the Dial command, but I could not
find a reply questions posed here.  I am wanting to pass the Zap channel
that the original call came from to my macro embedded in the Dial command.
I've tried to add arguments to the macro by using the syntax M(x,arg1), and
I always get the following errors.

Dec  2 15:57:53 WARNING[96234416]: app_dial.c:629 dial_exec: Could not find
macro to which we should jump.
Dec  2 15:57:53 WARNING[96234416]: app_dial.c:636 dial_exec: Macro flag set
without trailing ')

Is there a patch that would allow me to do this?  Or is there a way to get
the Zap channel name that requested the Dial on the outbound trunk from
within the macro?

Regards,

Shaun Tierney