[Asterisk-Users] No Files Seen via vmail.cgi

Keith O'Brien keitheobrien at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 13:06:27 MST 2004

I am having a problem with the Vmail Web app and was hoping someone has some
advice.   I have been able to install vmail.cgi.   I am able to bring up the
vmail web page and login with out problems.   However, I never see any
vmails listed even when there are vmails present in the directory

[root at linux-home INBOX]# ls -l

total 40
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          255 Dec  2 14:45 msg0000.txt
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        19300 Dec  2 14:45 msg0000.WAV
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          254 Dec  2 14:47 msg0001.txt
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        11630 Dec  2 14:47 msg0001.WAV

[root at linux-home INBOX]# pwd
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/5001/INBOX

I have seen from previous posts that there were problems with Redhat 9
(which I am running) and file permissions.   I have set all files in the
INBOX (including the INBOX directory itself) to +777 and still the files
don't appear on the webpage.   I also checked that my voicemail context is
set correctly.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this might be happening?  I am running
the 11/24/04 CVS.

Thanks in advance.